Hard-boiled eggs are one of my favorite snacks.
Add a little salt, pepper, hot sauce, and maybe some avocado, and it’s the most delicious afternoon pick-me-up.
People often shy away from making hard-boiled eggs because they can be finnicky, but it really doesn’t have to be all that hard!
As a gift to you guys, Cooking Planit and I are giving a 12-piece set of T-fal stainless steel cookware to one lucky reader of Peaches & Cake.
To enter the giveaway, complete the following steps:
- Create a free Cooking Planit account, online at CookingPlanit.com or via the free iPhone or iPad apps.
- Like Peaches and Cake on Facebook.
- Follow Peaches and Cake on Instagram.
- After you’ve completed the above steps, leave ONE comment below telling me what meal you’d make first with this cookware.
This contest runs August 27 to September 2 with the winner being announced on September 3. The winner will be chosen at random.
And be sure to check out the other blogs also running this giveaway!
And now for the recipe!
- 4 pastured or free-range eggs
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- For serving: salt, pepper, and/or hot sauce
- Place the eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with one inch of cold water. Add the vinegar and salt.
- Bring the water to a rapid boil, turn down the heat and allow to simmer for 1 minute.
- Remove the pot from the heat, cover and set aside for 12 minutes.
- Once the eggs have rested for 12 minutes, drain the water from the pot using the lid, being careful not to damage the eggs. Add cold water to the pot and drain again, repeating until the eggs are at room temperature.
- When the eggs are cool to the touch, refrigerate them for future use or peel them by tapping the shell on the countertop and peeling with your fingers underneath the skin.
- Transfer the peeled eggs to plates and slice. Season with salt, pepper, and/or hot sauce if desired.
Disclosure: This prize has been gifted to me as a promotion. All opinions are my own. There is a limit of one winner per household per family from the 50 blogs participating in the promotion. Individuals winning more than one giveaway will receive 1 set of cookware and the other winning entries will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be chosen.
The winner of the giveaway is Natalie M.! Thank you everyone for entering!!