I don’t really drink much.
But I reallllllly love this sangria.
It’s hands down my favorite I-want-to-have-a-draaaank-kind of drink.
It highly amuses Mr. Peaches and his little brother when I actually say that out loud…
Sangria at most restaurants can be dangerous with all that extra added sugar and alcohol, but this sangria is made with just red wine + a wee bit of brandy + a wee bit of O.J. + Diet 7-Up + a whole lotta sliced-up fruit + plenty of ice.
i.e, a cocktail sent from the heavens.
What does this all mean?
Basically it means you should whip up a batch of it this weekend and make some tacos or pizza, or heck — go crazy and make some bacon-wrapped dates — and sip it with someone you like. Or love.
too da loo,
peaches and cake
Simple & Slim Sangria
Inspired by The Poor Girl
Yields 8-10 servings
- 2 bottles inexpensive (but not gross) dry red wine (I prefer a dry Pinot Noir or Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 2 ounces or so inexpensive brandy
- 2 ounces or so fresh-squeezed or bottled orange juice (I used Trop 50)
- 2 green apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 oranges, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 lime, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cans (24 oz.) Diet 7-Up
- ice for serving
Combine all ingredients but the Diet 7-Up and ice.
Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight if possible.
Mix in the Diet 7-Up right before serving.
Serve over ice.